Do you miss a feature in Springcast or have a good idea? Then submit your idea and we will consider your suggestion.
For the time being, we are only publishing the roadmap of features suggested by our community here. Later, we may also publish upcoming updates here.
- 2Zapier integration for private podcastsRead moreRead lessAn integration with Zapier, which allows people to be automatically added to the distribution list of the private podcast. Also deletion and modification of data.
- 1Simple audiograph generatorRead moreRead lessA service similar to Headliner.app, but in a simplified version, where you can take a highlight from your mp3 and download an audiograph (audio-tuned waveform) from it. This is, for example, an mp4 file with cover art as background.
- 1Auto transcription (.srt)Read moreRead lessTranscription of podcast broadcast or pre-recorded fragment. The result is a .srt file, so that you can add subtitles in combination with an audiograph or in the case of a video podcast.
- 1Fully customisable playerRead moreRead lessPlayer with different templates, and possibility to turn parts on/off, choose font and colours, etc. Comparable with the Wistia and Vimeo players.
- 1Titles and descriptions preview paneRead moreRead lessAbility to see how titles and descriptions are displayed in Apple, Spotify and Google in the dashboard when changing them.
- 1Save as draftRead moreRead lessThe possibility of saving an episode as a draft so that it can be edited by external editors and scheduled or published directly after their approval.
- 1Keywords for SEORead moreRead lessThe possibility of also adding keywords (comma separated) to a podcast episode.
- 1Image upload not requiredRead moreRead lessDo not make uploading an image mandatory per episode. No image? Then use the default image of the channel.
- 1adjustments to web playerRead moreRead lessAll of springcast's designs, as well as those of the various platforms, if we are talking about the cover art image, have rounded corners. Coincidentally, a client pointed out to me today that they were missing this when they implemented the player on their own website (with everything having rounded corners). Question 1: can we show the coverart image with the same radius on the corners as the player itself? Question 2: can we remove the line around the image? Question 3: can there be a subscribe button so people can go directly to the different platforms (similar to the function in the player of Transistor for example) Question 4: could the Springcast branding be a bit more subtle and not so crammed onto the image?
- 1Compiled PlaylistRead moreRead lessWould it be possible to make a playlist with different Springast.fm podcasts? So a composite playlist.
- 1Selecting your own episodes for the playlistRead moreRead lessOn behalf of Arjan van Wifferen, I would like to request the possibility of selecting episodes of your podcast and displaying them in your playlist; a custos playlist, so to speak ;D
- 1Live streamingRead moreRead lessOk, this might be a bit much, but perhaps just more as a new service branch: live event streaming. Here you can focus primarily on audio, with an option for 720p video (webcam input). This fills a similar need as hosting on Dutch servers. For government, Vimeo Live Events is being looked at, but this does not get past AVG and security. A stripped down, simple, lower-bandwidth alternative to Springcast would be great. And then publish the audio to your podcast channel with one click after the event.
- 1JukeRead moreRead lessin the folder [listen via ...] also a Juke link.
- 1Embedded player - disable 'Share'buttonRead moreRead lessI would like to see the possibility of manually disabling the 'Share' button on the embedded player. This seems like a sensible addition for hidden podcasts.
- 1Refer to more podcasts on podcast websiteRead moreRead lessReference to other podcasts by the same creator(s) on the podcast website. Also listen to...
- 1Chapters also available in listening appsRead moreRead lessShowing chapters in the listening apps as well. I understand that this is now only possible in the Springcast player, and that it is due to the listening apps. Other hosts do offer it, including chapter art.
- 1Clearer statsRead moreRead lessImprove user experience statistics, resources include browser, apple podcasts player, python requests library, unknown browser and apple podcasts app. I can't do much with that, let alone my customer who knows even less.
- 1Sorting episodes into statisticsRead moreRead lessAt the bottom of the statistics page are the episodes, randomly mixed together. I would like to sort them by episode number and highest/lowest downloads.
- 1Analytics show notesRead moreRead lessAnalytics show notes - how many times links were clicked Specific example: if I make a cheat sheet of, for example, the 8 tips I give in an episode, it would be interesting to know how often it was subsequently clicked on
- 1MetricsRead moreRead lessWhen I look at Spotify's metrics it differs from Springcast's dashboard: certainly in terms of number of unique listeners. Most of the analytics on the Springcast dashboard relate to the web player but my customers don't use that. In some cases, they embed Spotify on their website. Otherwise, I also struggle with the meaningfulness of metrics on the Spotify site itself. A lot of numbers that don't help much. Or maybe I'm just in training, which wouldn't be a bad thing by the way. I have the impression that metrics for podcasts are still in their infancy. Even the click rate of a URL in the description of a series on Spotify is impossible to figure out.